The ABC landscape
The ABC map is an interactive tool that provides a snapshot of the key insights into ABC from across Europe garnered from the campaign’s research.
Simply select the information you wish to view on the interactive key below to uncover key data specific to each country.
The Here & Now HCP Survey has revealed a lack of emotional and psychological support for advanced breast cancer (ABC) patients and the healthcare professionals (HCPs) treating them.
- Total number of survey respondents (clinicians and nurses): 332
- Total number of respondents (clinicians and nurses) who completed the survey in Belgium: 30
% of clinicians that have received no formal training or support to help them manage the psychological and emotional needs of patients
% of nurses and clinicians that believe the greatest unmet need for patients living with advanced breast cancer is the availability of practical support
of clinicians and nurses that believe ABC has a high impact on their patient’s emotional wellbeing
% of nurses and clinicians that think that their ABC patients do not fully understand their diagnosis
% of nurses and clinicians that agree that a multidisciplinary team approach improves the level of care for patients with ABC
% of clinicians and nurses agree that treating patients with ABC impacts them emotionally
* Due to survey design, respondents were required to choose a percentage range
- Insight Research Group. Here & Now European patient and carer survey (2013). London: Insight Research Group
- Public survey, One Poll, sponsored by Novartis Oncology (2013)
- Healthcare professional survey, Synergy Research Group, sponsored by Novartis Oncology (2014)