The ABC landscape
The ABC map is an interactive tool that provides a snapshot of the key insights into ABC from across Europe garnered from the campaign’s research.
Simply select the information you wish to view on the interactive key below to uncover key data specific to each country.
The Here & Now patient and carer survey has uncovered new insights into the real life impact of ABC, building a richer picture of the ABC landscape.
- Total number of survey respondents (patients and carers): 304
- Total number of respondents (patients and carers) who completed the survey in Sweden: 20
The personal impact of ABC50%
% of ABC patients and carers who have experienced anxiety or depression1
The socio-economic impact of ABC80%
% of employed patients and carers who have had to make a change to their employment status as a direct result ABC1
Support needs of ABC patients40%
% of women living with ABC who have received support from patient groups following an ABC diagnosis1
The grey economy50%
% decrease in time spent dedicated to housework of ABC patients following an ABC diagnosis1
The societal impact40%
% of ABC patients who believe they are perceived negatively by society1
The economic impact
% of ABC patients and carers surveyed who have experienced a decline in their household income due to an ABC diagnosis1
% of ABC patients and carers who are spending more on further medication since the patient’s disease progressed1
Awareness of ABC25%
% of public surveyed who did not know how to correctly define ABC2
Please note that for Sweden, the sample size is not statistically robust, therefore these statistics sheets provide you with an overview of the findings only.
* Due to survey design, respondents were required to choose a percentage range
- Insight Research Group. Here & Now European patient and carer survey (2013). London: Insight Research Group
- Public survey, One Poll, sponsored by Novartis Oncology (2013)
- Healthcare professional survey, Synergy Research Group, sponsored by Novartis Oncology (2014)